Hey, my sweet friends! I recently got nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by my inspiring blogger friend, Lily from Retrospective Lily! I have already been nominated for this award by another inspiring blogging friend,The Eclectic Contrarian. If you want to check that post out, you can read it here. However, this is the writer’s edition so I’ll be answering questions about blogging and what made me start this Kylie’s Corner & More blog – there are some juicy questions!
For those of you who don’t know, the Sunshine Blogger Award is for bloggers who inspire their readers and bring positivity to this world.
Thank you, Lily for nominating me and it truly does mean a lot to me! Y’all should check out her blog, especially her blog post about how exercising has helped her tremendously in her life – she’s truly an inspiration!
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to him/her.
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
- Why did you start blogging?
I’m going to be honest with y’all on this. I honestly never imagined about having my own blog, like it didn’t cross my mind until one day… Long story short, I was limited by how many words I was able to write for Kylie’s Corner in the Bulletin for my Church. Knowing me, I write until I have said everything my heart wants me to say! Little did I know, God would lead me in a new direction by telling me that I should start my own blog and that’s what I did on July 2, 2018! I’m so thankful that God led me to doing this because I have met so many sweet people through the Kylie’s Corner & More blog and it amazes me that so many beautiful people have read this blog from all over the world! I will always be thankful for all of you.
2.What is your favorite blog post you’ve written and why?
My favorite blog post has to be the Part 2 of How The Outlook on Life Has Changed Everything for Me. It’s my favorite because I rose above all of my struggles and fears by finding something that has helped my mental health – working out. I talk about everything in that blog post and I also show before & after photos of me because I have lost weight. I’m also proud of myself for taking care of my mental health and I even gained so much confidence from it.
3. How long do you edit or agonize over a post before you press “publish”?
I work on blog posts in a week in advance before they go up, so it gives me time to organize my thoughts and make sure everything looks good before I schedule a blog post (I love perfecting everything).
4. Writers’ personalities are often different than their writing portrays. How would you describe your personality?
To describe my personality, I’m such a calm person and I listen to what people have to say. I have taken a personality test before and I’m such an introvert! I over analyze every single thing and I love helping other people. People percieves me of being “shy,” but once you really get know me, that’s when I won’t stop talking to you. So, do y’all think my personality is different than how my writing portrays?? I am curious to know what y’all think!
5. What is your favorite social media platform and why?
Probably Pinterest just because I love looking at inspiring quotes on there!
6. If you are willing to share your social media links/handles, what are they?
7. What tools do you use to “beef up” your blog?
8. What is the most valuable thing you’ve learned from blogging?
I have known this before ever since I started writing Kylie’s Corner in the Church Bulletin, but we can use our words to inspire so many people and that is exactly what this blog is meant for – we are all meant to lead others to Christ.
9. What advice would you give to a prospective/new blogger?
If you’re just now starting out or are overwhelmed by all of the options to start a blog on, I want to tell you that it doesn’t have to look perfect – write from your heart and that’s all that matters the most! It took a lot of trials and errors in the beginning when I was customizing the look of this blog! I remember when the background was a light pink color instead of white and the letters were like a grayish purple! With that being said, don’t worry about the look of your blog right now because it does take time to create every little detail, especialy the color scheme.
10. Have you ever been nominated for and/or won other blogging awards?
11. Are you satisfied with your blog’s progress?
More than satisfied! The Kylie’s Corner & More blog is almost a year old and it still amazes me that I have so many amazing people who read my posts from all over the world! God is good, y’all and all of this wouldn’t have happened without Him.
John @ The Eclectic Contrarian
Elly @ Self-Helpful
Marquise Payne @ A Gurus Writing
Shell Vera @ The Essential Creative
Jessica @ Jessie Renea
Ash @ Ashalvesblog
Zettie @ funnytailbones
Claudia @ Between the Lines
Liz @ Anxiety and Liz
David A Fischer @ Damarministries1991
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite blog post you’ve written and why?
- How long do you edit or agonize over a post before you press “publish”?
- Writers’ personalities are often different than their writing portrays. How would you describe your personality?
- What is your favorite social media platform and why ?
- If you are willing to share your social media links/handles, what are they?
- What tools do you use to “beef up” your blog?
- What is the most valuable thing you’ve learned from blogging?
- What advice would you give to a prospective/new blogger?
- Have you ever been nominated for and/or won other blogging awards?
- Are you satisfied with your blog’s progress?
I hope y’all enjoyed reading my answers to these eleven questions! Lily did something at the end of her post that I loved – she asked her subscribers to comment a topic they enjoy reading on her blog and I want to ask the same!