Over the years of writing Kylie’s Corner for my Churches Bulletin, my goal has always been to “let my light shine” so others will find God through my words. That is also why I love to write: to inspire others and lead the world closer to God because let’s face it, our world needs Him so much!
It can’t just be me letting God’s light shine through me, we all need to come together as one and spread our light throughout the entire world. You have the power to change the world for the better, too.
It’s so crazy how God can use us to “be a light” to other people. What does this mean, you ask? Well, throughout our lives, God places people in our paths and they either stay in our lives or leave because their job is done. Sometimes, God lets those people leave since they can’t go where He is taking you to next. That can be difficult to understand, especially when you’re used to people always coming and going out of your life.
We should be light to someone else’s life because you never know what someone is going through on the inside – that’s why it’s so important to be kind!
Here are some ways you can be a light to others:
- Go out of your way to do something kind for someone
- When you know someone is hurting, tell them that they aren’t alone
- Let someone know that they matter
- Always turn the other cheek when someone makes you mad
- Be positive – it’s contagious!
- Always be a listener – truly listen to what someone has to say
- Pay it forward when someone does something nice for you
- Compliment someone
- Tell your own personal story of how you have seen God work in your life
- Choose your words wisely – let your words inspire others
- Tell someone how God loves them no matter what – everyone needs to hear this
- Recommend music, inspiring YouTube videos, Podcasts, audio books, etc., to someone – this may uplift this person and inspire them in some way. Again, you’re being their “light.”
- Do something kind for a stranger – we need a lot of kindness in this world
- Leave all of the hate behind
I hope y’all found something on this list that will help you to be the light for someone else. We never know what someone is going through, so we need to all be kind and spread God’s light!