You guys get an extra blog post this week! I am honored to receive The Moonlight Blogger award by one of my sweet blogger friends, The Eclectic Contrarian! He also received this award, so make sure to stop by his blog to read his responses to the same questions I will be answering!
Before I start this post off, I want to tell you a little something about The Eclectic Contrarian, aka John! I remember his first comment on the Kylie’s Corner & More blog and it was underneath the blog post about why I will never drink. John’s comment was about how he used to be an alcoholic and he stopped once he realized it was hurting his marriage. I remember being so inspired by his comment and I still am! That’s how our friendship began and I always enjoy reading his blog posts on The Eclectic Contrarian – y’all need to go check his blog out! Anyways, thank you, John for this special blogger award!
Here are the guidelines:
1. Thank the person who presented you with the award.
2. Display the original award image as your featured image and include it in your post.
3. Copy and paste the meaning of the award:
“The meaning of the Moonlight Blogger Award, created by Purple Rose and Dollfaced Writer, is to recognize bloggers who illuminate the lives of their readers. The bloggers presented with this award pour their passion into the content they share with their readers, who are deeply inspired. This award acknowledges the impact of their written words as they have the power to illuminate the darkest of places, just like the moonlight.”
4. Answer the five prompts listed.
5. Present the award to one person.
Here are the prompts:
1. Share one thing you love about yourself that you wouldn’t change.
The one thing I love about myself is that I don’t give into the lies society tells us that we need to be. If we don’t look a certain way or have whatever that is trending, then we don’t gain the world’s acceptance. That is one thing that I won’t ever change about myself because I know who my worth comes from and it comes from God.
2. Share two of your favorite quotes.
These two quotes are like my mottos for 2019! The second quote has always been my motivation ever since I started to workout – I workout for myself only and for no one else.
3. Give three reasons why you write.
- I believe our words are powerful and it has potential to inspire others. That’s why I try my best to be vulnerable to you guys and I want the people who read my blog posts realize that they aren’t alone.
- My goal when I write has always been leading the world closer to God because we truly do need Him, especially in the United States right now.
- Writing is one of my passions and I truly believe God has given me this gift including the Kylie’s Corner & More blog. It will always be a huge blessing to my life.
4. Give four pieces of advice for other bloggers.
- If it’s in your heart, then start a blog.
- Don’t worry about having it all together and making your blog look perfect at first: It will take time for your blog to get it to where you want it to look like. From a year of experience, I still work on updating my blog and adding new things to it. It does not come all together at once and it took a lot of time to get my blog to where it is now. Keep that in mind!
- Have a “why” for why you want to start a blog in the first place – my “why’s” are in question #3!
- Make sure to always be yourself no matter what and your genuine readers will stay because they want to know what you have to say.
5. List five things/places/people that inspire you and explain why you chose them.
- Christian Music – It has been a blessing to my life and I don’t think I would be the same without it. Honestly, I find the most inspiring Christian songs when I workout. The lyrics of Christian Music never fails to speak to me and that’s the reason why I include a new song in every Kylie’s Corner on Friday’s!
- My Grandparent’s – I admire their faith in God and their marriage. I will always look up to those two things that they have.
- Sunsets, specifically Texas sunsets – They are so beautiful and each one of them reminds me how God is a masterpiece, He paints every single one of them so beautifully!
- Everyone who tells their story and isn’t ashamed to share it with others – this always inspires me. It shows how brave we really are because honestly, people talk. They may judge you for speaking out on your past, but that shouldn’t matter. The thing that matters the most is that someone out there has read your story or has heard it, and you made them feel like they aren’t alone because they are currently going through something similar. Keep on sharing your story no matter what anyone thinks of you!!
- Last, but not least, Yolanda from Apostolic Momma– You’ll see what makes me inspired by her!
I’m supposed to nominate one person and I nominate Yolanda from Apostolic Momma for the Moonlight Blogger Award! Yolanda has recently inspired me and she is also from the Kylie’s Corner & More family! I have read a few of her blogs and they touched my heart. I encourage you to take the time to read her story. She has been a single mom for awhile and has four children. Yolanda was also in a state of depression when she got a divorce and she has written heart-felt letters to Jesus, and she ended up publishing them on her blog. I hope her story touches your heart like it did mine and it reminded me of a glimpse of my past. Yolanda, please don’t ever stop sharing your story and you so deserve this award! I hope you do the Moonlight Blogger Award on your blog!
This is one of Yolanda’s posts that inspired me.