Since I turned 22 on January 26, I figured I should share with y’all about the 21 things I have learned when I was 21! I honestly will never forget the year of being 21 because so much happened, which led me to grow even more as an individual.
Here we go!
- Taking care of yourself should always, always come first.
- Be thankful for each day, you never know when it will be your last.
- Let things go, especially when it doesn’t pertain to you (this one was honestly hard for me to do, but I’m working on it).
- It’s ok to cry it out at first, but once you’re done, you have to be the one who picks yourself up again.
- Do things for you and do what is best for your body.
- God taught me patience, a lot of it.
- Even though some situations might scare you, you need to put all your trust in God that He will get you through it all.
- God will make a way, even when you feel like there is no way.
- Always be aware of how you’re feeling – looking back, I noticed that leading up to being diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, I was honestly depressed because I had no clue what was going on with my body. I didn’t realize it until I was out of feeling that way. I feel so much better now and I believe we should always be aware of our thoughts and emotions that are going on in the inside because it controls how we go about our day.
- Feeling so confident in your body, especially loving your flaws. I am starting to embrace my acne because I now know what is causing it (my hormones & PCOS) and I do believe that it will get better once I have a plan to help my body
- Don’t be afraid to laugh at yourself – yes, such a huge one for me to realize!
- Get out of your comfort zone.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions and voice your concerns.
- Listen to your body.
- God always has a reason for why He does certain things in your life.
- Truly believe in yourself and tell yourself that you CAN – the ‘T should not be in your vocabulary! You can do anything you put your mind to.
- Focus on yourself instead of worrying about what other people are doing.
- Stop stressing so much, it will be ok.
- Take it day by day, only focus on what you need to get done right now instead of worrying about what you have nect month!
- Stay true to who you are.
- God will never leave you, He loves your brokenness and all.
There we have it, the 21 things I have learned from being 21!
I know that 21 is the age where you’re legal and can drink alcohol now. I’m thankful that I didn’t feel pressured to drink, I don’t think I ever will; I want to keep it that way!
I hope you enjoyed reading about what I learned from being 21 years old. What lessons have you learned in your life from last year?
Thank you so much for stopping by on the Kylie’s Corner & More blog! If you would like to, you can purchase your personalized, signed copy of Kylie’s Corner and a complimentary bookmark I designed, here! Kylie’s Corner is a devotional for anyone who is in High School and up – you can read more about Kylie’s Corner. I talk about beauty in God’s eyes, society, anxiety, and so much more in the Kylie’s Corner book. If God has someone on your heart that you feel the need to give this inspiring book to, please listen to Him. The individual may need to hear the words God put in my heart at the time when I wrote the Kylie’s Corners that are in this book.
“Train your mind to see the good in everything. Positivity is a choice. The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.” -MarcandangelTweet this!